Schedule for FB 3.0.11

Nikolaus Kern

Jun 3, 2023, 10:25:20 AM6/3/23
to firebird-devel

Hello,

 in march of this year I got hit by this bug (about trusted authentication), which is tracked here: https://github.com/FirebirdSQL/firebird/issues/7406

 Is there a timeframe available for the release of 3.0.11?

 Thanks

 Niko

Luciano Rodrigues Nunes Mendes

Jun 4, 2023, 12:24:36 PM6/4/23
to firebird-devel
Hi Niko

I don't know when Firebird 3.0.11 will be released but firebird 3.0 is already a very stable version (more than 7 years of maintenance). This means that you can almost always download the latest snapshot build and use it in production without too much issue.

You can create your own Firebird 3.0 installer yourself by following the instructions below:
  1. Go to https://jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php and download the most recent "Inno Setup" (e.g.: http://files.jrsoftware.org/is/6/innosetup-6.2.2.exe) and install it.
  2. Go to https://web.firebirdsql.org/download/snapshot_builds/win/3.0/ and download the most recent Firebird 3.0 snapshot build:
  3. Unzip the Firebird x64 on Files folder.
  4. Open FB30_INSTALLER.iss file attached and select Build > Compile menu option to build the Firebird-<version>_0_x64.exe installer.
Note:
The FB30_INSTALLER.iss file attached is not the official version of the Firebird project but a simplified version that generates a Firebird installer with only the necessary files for it to work (That's why the size of the generated installer is much smaller than the official installer):

FB30.png

Best regards,
Luciano
FB30_INSTALLER.iss

Alex Peshkoff

Jun 5, 2023, 1:41:55 AM6/5/23
to firebir...@googlegroups.com
No exact timeframe, first we plan to release 4.0.3.
I recommend you to take a look at current snapshot - it passes same
tests as release, testing result may be seen at http://firebirdtest.com/.

Nikolaus Kern

Jun 8, 2023, 3:29:01 AM6/8/23
to firebird-devel
Hi,

thanks to all  for the feedback.

I understand that FB 3.0.11 is ready to got, only the deployement and maybe release notes are missing.

I will create an FB 3.0.11 update based on the latest snapshot.

Niko