We are open for business

Pavel Cisar

Jan 31, 2019, 7:53:39 AM1/31/19
to firebir...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

All initial Butler resources are in place and available to public, so we
could start with usual business.

First, you can find these resources:

- FirebirdSQL.org website was restructured with Butler sections
integrated into appropriate places (Documentation, Downloads and
Development). The content is currently maintained by me and Helen, so if
you need any changes or adjustments to parts that are related to your
sub-project, you could either contact us or do it yourself if you have
access to firebirdsql.org CMS. If you don't have access to CMS and you
would want to take responsibility for the presentation of your
sub-project under main Firebird website, contact us or Sergey Mareutsa
to get it.

- The main Butler website (provided from sources at GitHub Butler
repository) is available at http://firebird-butler.rtfd.io/
You can update the content (especially RFC's) via GIT, private clone
and pull request to main repo.

- All your sub-projects have GIT repositories (so far empty) and you
have full admin access to those that belong to your sub-project. So now
they are your responsibility. That same apply for google-groups
forums/lists.

- Documentation for sub-projects are not provided, and both websites
contain only placeholders for links. It's up to you how and where you
will provide the documentation itself, but once you would create such
place, please update these placeholders or let me or Helen know.

Second, if you didn't read the latest Butler specifications yet, please
do so as soon as possible. That same apply if you don't have any
experience or knowledge with implementation of Google Protocol Buffers
in the programming language of your choice. We shall start talking about
some aspects of Butler Service Protocol that couldn't be discussed
earlier to get consensus about them (especially protobufs). Without it
we couldn't start working on implementation.

Third, the public discussion about Firebird Butler project,
specifications, implementations etc. is now open, so you should not
stand aside. If you have any questions, opinions, suggestions etc. it's
the right time to present them.

The show must go on!

best regards
Pavel