https://firebasehostingproxy.page.link sent an invalid response. "ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR"

laure...@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2020, 11:09:28 AM10/21/20
to Firebase Google Group
Hello,
some of our users can't access a google form when using the short URL: https://forms.gle/cCPVAMrAcNktUqWKA
The culprit is when the browser is redirecting to https://firebasehostingproxy.page.link

Is that a firebase hosting issue regarding certificate ? Or does our user (a student) need a specific certificate on her Mac ? (I do not face the issue with my Mac)
The issue started a few days ago ?

Thanks a lot for your support, all our troubleshooting did not help so far

Bryan Kendall

Oct 21, 2020, 11:48:30 AM10/21/20
to fireba...@googlegroups.com, Hannah Pho
Hello!

We've recently seen a couple reports of this issue and Hannah (cc'd) discovered a workaround that works for her. This issue (and workaround) we did discover was specific to Xfinity, so let us know if that isn't the situation here. From Hannah:

"We believe this issue is caused by the Advanced Security feature on Xfinity's xFi Advanced Gateway. An affected user can confirm this from the Xfinity app by checking the Advanced Security dashboard to see if firebasehostingproxy.page.link was marked as a threat on their device. To access the form, either use a different network or disable Advanced Security using the Xfinity app as described here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-xfi-advanced-security."

Bryan

Bryan Kendall | Software Engineer | bk...@google.com

laure...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2020, 12:51:24 PM10/22/20
to Firebase Google Group
Hi,
thanks a lot for your support yesterday morning.
Our user was able to successfully get access to the google form (which uses https://firebasehostingproxy.page.link) but she had to disable the Xfinity enhanced security for her whole house network (no protection now)

On the other user support forum https://support.google.com/docs/thread/77815684?hl=en one person got this information from Xfinity/Comcast:
"I've been in contact with Xfinity support. They told me the outsource their Advanced Security filtering to Zvelo, but they also did some research and said it's not just Xfinity customers that are reporting the issue, other ISPs have the same issue. They suggested the issue lies  the way Google is handling traffic."

Could you review that information and let us know your view and plan ? (the current issue being that our user home network has no security now)

Thanks a lot

laure...@gmail.com

Oct 28, 2020, 2:44:01 AM10/28/20
to Firebase Google Group
Hi,
any update, or do our Xfinity user have to keep the Xfi Advanced security disabled for the whole house ?

thanks in advance

Bring Food

Oct 29, 2020, 6:12:31 AM10/29/20
to fireba...@googlegroups.com