Re: [Firebase] Firebase and Google Analytics.

Kato Richardson

Nov 22, 2021, 5:19:42 PM11/22/21
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian,

FCM is not Analytics and will not stop working on this date. However, if you are using Analytics audiences for sending FCM notifications from the console, or using Analytics anywhere else in your app, then you may lose some functionality.

☼, Kato

On Fri, Nov 19, 2021 at 12:23 PM Brian Smith <brian...@fortis.co> wrote:
I got a note about accepting the updated Google Analytics Terms of Service, which says that anything that's not accepted the terms by 15 Feb 2022 will "lose access to Google Analytics..."

For an app that relies on FCM, does this mean that on 15 Feb, FCM stops working for the app? or does Analytics involving FCM stop working?

Regards,
Brian

Brian E. Smith

Senior Mobile Engineer
1 864.272.3400

reserv...@fortis.co

Kato Richardson | Developer Programs Eng | kato...@google.com | 775-235-8398

Brian Smith

Jan 12, 2022, 12:15:52 PM1/12/22
to Firebase Google Group
Hi Kato, I'm just now seeing this, but wanted to thank you: this is what I needed to know.

Regards,
Brian

Mustafa Ekim

Jan 13, 2022, 10:39:37 AM1/13/22
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I also got the notice email claiming that I own firebase projects that use Google Analytics and if I do not act, my data would be deleted. However when I follow the steps (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/10960488) , I am not facing any Accept the New Terms link at the top of the page. Any suggestions?
--

Mustafa Ekim

Kato Richardson

Jan 13, 2022, 2:30:52 PM1/13/22
to Firebase Google Group
Mustafa,

Please reach out to support here so they can check on the state of your project.

Cheers,
Kato