Inquiry on Handling Internal and Unknown Errors in Firebase Admin SDK Push Notifications

hyun choong

Jul 10, 2024, 11:40:52 PM (5 days ago) Jul 10
to Firebase Google Group

I hope this message finds you well.

I am writing to seek your advice on handling specific errors encountered while sending push notifications using the Firebase Admin SDK in our current project. Occasionally, we receive error responses such as “Internal” or “Unknown” when making requests to Firebase.

Could you please advise if it is recommended to implement a retry mechanism for these types of errors? Any guidance or best practices you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Joe Spiro

Jul 12, 2024, 12:31:55 PM (3 days ago) Jul 12
to Firebase Google Group
As per Error codes for FCM failure conditions for Internal: "The server encountered an error while trying to process the request. You could retry the same request following suggestions in Handling retries. If the error persists, please contact Firebase support."

nloker 001

Jul 13, 2024, 9:13:44 PM (2 days ago) Jul 13
to Firebase Google Group

We are also facing "INTERNAL" errors after migrating to HTTP v1. We are using AWS SNS to send FCM messages so retry mechanism is present.  But, the higher failure rate of almost 30% is concerning. We have reached out to FCM support but no response yet. So, if you guys have any idea on how to proceed with this, please suggest.