Sudden crash increasing by firebase face detector sdk

Dillon Soul

Jan 31, 2023, 10:08:36 AM1/31/23
to Firebase Google Group

We've been using firebase face detection sdk for a long time, but recently our apps keep crashing on devices with processor made by Spreadtrum, exactly from 2023.1.21, the way we include face detection sdk into our project:

implementation 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-mlkit-face-detection:17.1.0'

since this crash was occured recently, and not for only new users, but all devices with processor made by Spreadtrum, we doubt that perhaps this crash was made by some updates from face detection optional part which will be downloaded runtime.

crash log and GP console crash track info is attched below

2023-01-29 09.32.03.jpg
2023-01-29 09.32.10.jpg
crash.log