What is the text encoding of realtime database

Alban Le Goff

Jan 16, 2022, 8:07:56 PM1/16/22
to Firebase Google Group
Hello, as part of my studies, I am doing the pictionnary game.
The one who draws sends the drawing to the firebase realtime database.
The image is a vector image composed of points.
I want to reduce the size of the drawings as much as possible since there is a download limit of 10go/month with firebase.
I will need to know what text encoding is used by realtime database.

Thank you for your attention,
Alban Le Goff

Tyler Rockwood

Jan 16, 2022, 8:18:35 PM1/16/22
to Firebase Google Group
The Realtime Database uses UTF-8 for all it's encoding internally and in it's API.

Alban Le Goff

Jan 17, 2022, 2:22:13 PM1/17/22
to Firebase Google Group
Thanks for your answer. Do you know what happens if I exceed the 10g/month download limit? Will the flow be slowed down or will I not have access to the database anymore?