fb login with REST

Megan Reiffer

Aug 18, 2018, 1:55:56 AM8/18/18
to Firebase Google Group
I am trying to create a Facebook login to Firebase using only REST api calls and cloud functions if needed since our platform isn't supported. https://firebase.google.com/docs/reference/rest/auth/#section-sign-in-with-oauth-credential or https://firebase.google.com/docs/reference/rest/auth/#section-link-with-oauth-credential

are the two calls I am trying to work with but I am getting stuck on the requestUri paramter. I grabbed the uri from the authentication page on Firebase and put it into FB developer but when I try and make the calls listed above I get an 400 error saying "No federated protocol supports the incoming VerifyAsssertion request"

Is something else supposed to go in the requestUri parameter or am I missing something setting it up?

Max Xu

Aug 30, 2018, 6:22:36 PM8/30/18
to Firebase Google Group

Got it. It's probably because you provided an invalid provider_id. You should probably use facebool.com instead of the provider_id that facebook gives you.