moving files in Storage between child folders

pa...@everywoah.com

Jun 14, 2016, 10:20:23 AM6/14/16
to Firebase Google Group
I tried unsuccessfully to move files in the storage section between sub folders that i created for my project.

I don't see that Firebase file management is as easy as Google Drive where you can drag or at least move files between created folders - am I missing something?

Am I alone in wanting this feature?

Mike Mcdonald

Jun 14, 2016, 12:57:18 PM6/14/16
to Firebase Google Group
Good suggestion--currently we don't expose a UI to drag and drop files from one location to another, but since Firebase Storage is just a Google Cloud Storage bucket, you can accomplish the same thing (in a far more scalable way) using the gsutil mv command!

Thanks,
--Mike

Paul Gailey Alburquerque

Jun 15, 2016, 11:11:47 AM6/15/16
to Firebase Google Group
Thanks Mike, I'll give that a try as the learn time of using that tool looks like it will be less than deleting and re-uploading all my media into new folders.