Generation of the Firebase Android resource file google-services.xml from Assets/GoogleService-Info.plist failed.

Thanh Tranduy

Sep 19, 2023, 2:59:33 PM9/19/23
to Firebase Google Group
Hi everyone,

I tried to integrated Firebase to my Unity project. I sure did integrate successfully many times before for other Unity projects. I create new firebase project step by step follow Firebase documents, but this time I kept getting this error:

"Generation of the Firebase Android resource file google-services.xml from Assets/GoogleService-Info.plist failed.

If you have not included a valid Firebase Android resources in your app it will fail to initialize.

"python3" "***/Assets/Firebase/Editor/generate_xml_from_google_services_json.py" -i "Assets/GoogleService-Info.plist" -l --plist

Could not find key in plist file: [CLIENT_ID]

You can start to diagnose this issue by executing ""python3" "***/Assets/Firebase/Editor/generate_xml_from_google_services_json.py" -i "Assets/GoogleService-Info.plist" -l --plist" from the command line.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
Firebase.Editor.GenerateXmlFromGoogleServicesJson:RunResourceGenerator*

I compared file "GoogleService-Info.plist" to other project's and found that my "GoogleService-Info.plist" file missing key "CLIENT_ID". I searched for the error but I could not find the root cause. I also delete the firebase project then create another one but the content of file "GoogleService-Info.plist" was not changed.

What can I do to resolve this error? Thank you!