Inquiry: Sending Multiple Tokens in a Single Request Using Firebase Cloud Messaging API HTTP v1

Aadhiraj D

Sep 10, 2024, 9:06:10 AM (4 days ago) Sep 10
to Firebase Google Group

Hello,

In Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM), we previously had the option to pass up to 1,000 tokens per request inside an array. Is it possible to use this feature in the HTTP v1 API? If so, how can we implement it?
Please any one

Arthur Thompson

Sep 10, 2024, 1:11:25 PM (4 days ago) Sep 10
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aadhiraj,

There is no v1 equivalent of the 1000 token per request (batch send) that was in the legacy API. It is recommended that you use topics for sending to multiple users in a single request.

Aadhiraj D

Sep 11, 2024, 5:50:46 PM (3 days ago) Sep 11
to Firebase Google Group
Thank you for the information. Where can I find the documentation?
Alternatively, could you please send the link to it?

Joe Spiro

Sep 12, 2024, 10:26:31 AM (2 days ago) Sep 12
to Firebase Google Group
Topics can be managed from the server but alternatively, if you want a more similar form factor to the batch calls, you can use the SendEach variant for your SDK. (PythonNode and Java).