FCM notification got MANY UNREGISTERED error code since 11.09

Kai Zhao

Nov 10, 2023, 5:56:03 PM11/10/23
to Firebase Google Group
This error means the token is UNREGISTERED which maybe uninstalled.  We got a very large number of UNREGISTERED since 11.09, and it is still high on 11.10

Is there anything wrong for FCM ?

Arthur Thompson

Nov 10, 2023, 6:06:21 PM11/10/23
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kai,

We don't currently have any ongoing issues with FCM. What versions are you referring to (11.09/11.10)?

On Fri, Nov 10, 2023 at 2:55 PM Kai Zhao <lover...@gmail.com> wrote:
This error means the token is UNREGISTERED which maybe uninstalled.  We got a very large number of UNREGISTERED since 11.09, and it is still high on 11.10

Is there anything wrong for FCM ?

Dale Ross

Nov 11, 2023, 3:55:04 PM11/11/23
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
I think he's referring to the date, not versions.

Kai Zhao

Nov 12, 2023, 11:40:29 AM11/12/23
to Firebase Google Group
When pushing messages to these users, Google returns error of UNREGISTERED for the tokens. But, these users are still active and using our app, they definitely didn't uninstall our app. Could you get the right token if I can offer you the device info? Thanks for helping me debug this problem.

Kai Zhao

Nov 12, 2023, 11:40:29 AM11/12/23
to Firebase Google Group
11.09 means the time 2023.11.09. The problem still happens today. The number of UNREGISTERED tokens are huge.