howto send notification to multiple devices (over 5000 devices)? (Python firebase admin sdk have limit of 100 devices)

Subin Joseph

May 26, 2020, 2:27:40 PM5/26/20
to Firebase Google Group
Hi,
I am using firbase sdk to implement web push notification.Here is my idea.
The registraiton token and language prefence of the client will be stored in the server side ( in my sql server).

In order to send notification, we retrieve registration token list from databse and loop through first 100 tokens each tiime and send notification.
I used the following link for the reference.
But I have read that, when we send multiple request within short period of time ( within one sec), there are chances of some requests getting rejected. We hope that, there will be  50000

How can I successfully send notification to mutltiple devices over 100 devices?Is it possible to increase the limit ?

Thanks
Subin

Hiranya Jayathilaka

May 26, 2020, 3:41:04 PM5/26/20
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
Python SDK can send up to 500 messages in a single batch. You should be able to easily reach 5K devices with that. If that's too slow you can also look into topic messaging.

Thanks,
Hiranya

Hiranya Jayathilaka | Software Engineer | h...@google.com | 650-203-0128

Subin Joseph

May 26, 2020, 4:35:58 PM5/26/20
to Firebase Google Group
Hi Hiranya,
Thanks a lot for your reply.
Latency is not a big issue. But suppose the number of subscription is increased to very large number (eg: 50K subscriptions), is there  chance of some notification requests getting rejected while sending the notification as many batches of 500 in short period of time ( within one sec)?

Thanks and Regards
Subin