Issue with Firebase In-App Messaging not appearing on MainActivity until screen is locked and unlocked

Md. Al Amin

Jul 11, 2024, 5:09:01 PM (4 days ago) Jul 11
to Firebase Google Group
Details:

I am experiencing an issue with Firebase In-App Messaging (FIAM) in my Android app. The problem is that FIAM messages do not appear on the MainActivity when the app starts. However, if I lock and unlock the screen, the messages then appear correctly.

Below is the full code for my SplashActivity and MainActivity to demonstrate the problem. The SplashActivity suppresses FIAM messages, while the MainActivity is supposed to unsuppress and trigger them. I have followed the necessary steps to ensure that FIAM messages are unsuppressed and an event is triggered when the MainActivity resumes, but the issue persists.

Despite following the recommended setup, FIAM messages only appear after locking and unlocking the screen. I would appreciate any guidance or solutions to resolve this issue so that FIAM messages appear correctly upon launching the MainActivity.

Please see the attachment of my mainactivity and splashactivity and menifest

Please help, thanks in advance

SplashActivity.txt
Menifest.txt
MainActivity.txt