FirebaseError: Firebase: Error (auth/error-code:-39).

Abdurahmon Mamadiyorov

Jun 19, 2024, 10:40:27 AMJun 19
to Firebase Google Group
Hello, Why can I receive sms for some numbers in Uzbekistan +998 90 --- -- -- or +998 91 --- -- -- but I can't receive otp at all for other Uzbek numbers.

I'm getting this error again and again even my project in blaze plan.

FirebaseError: Firebase: Error (auth/error-code:-39).

What do you think should I change somethings from  firebase auth console

Alan Escobar Martinez

Jun 20, 2024, 2:09:24 PMJun 20
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
Hello Abdurahmon,

According to the error mentioned, this seems to be related to a specific region issue, affecting only certain carriers.

To ensure the safety and reliability of our services, carriers or entire regions with consistently low SMS success rates may become temporarily unavailable. To continue using Firebase Authentication in this region, I recommend considering using a different authentication method such as email and password or TOTP multi-factor. Alternatively, we also offer the ability to integrate a custom auth system.

Regards.

Alan Escobar

Delivery Manager / Senior Application Support Analyst

Service provided by EPAM Systems, on behalf of Google

Abdurahmon Mamadiyorov

Jun 20, 2024, 6:34:05 PMJun 20
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alan.

Sorry for bothering again.
Can you guide me, which SMS api can I use for JWT, integrating with custom token.

Thanks

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Firebase Google Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebase-talk/CAP9n06C1HnLtcNMnOaO3JqWkokp6NOSpC2hMGsk4yDKLQ0waKQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Alan Escobar Martinez

Jun 20, 2024, 7:48:58 PMJun 20
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
Hello Abdurahmon,

Custom Auth refers to external services that use JWTs as a way to identify the user. Basically you will be using an external service to authenticate your users (not maintained by Firebase), and once you have the JWT, you will exchange it for a valid token to be used with the Firebase services.

In other words, the external service will be the one that will send the SMS (not Firebase). Unfortunately, I'm not qualified to recommend any external service, since it could be out of our control of the availability and the reliability in different regions of the world. The search for the service should be based on the geographical region and the use of JWT to identify the users.

Regards

Abdurahmon Mamadiyorov

Jun 21, 2024, 12:31:46 PMJun 21
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
No, I mean I'll use only the sms sender and after the sms sent the phone of user will verified and I'll add user's phone to token and I'll use this token to firebase custom token. I'm  a junior btw, can I do it like that?