Firebase: Error (auth/billing-not-enabled).

Navdeep Gupta

Sep 9, 2024, 10:13:52 AMSep 9
to Firebase Google Group
I am using Firebase's Spark plan and have been encountering an error when trying to authenticate unknown numbers. Around 10-15 days ago, I was able to authenticate unknown numbers without any issues, but recently, I keep getting this error. Can you please help me resolve this issue with the Spark plan?

Nohe

Sep 11, 2024, 11:43:15 AMSep 11
to Firebase Google Group
Hi Navdeep,

We recently sent a notice to customers that we are no longer supporting SMS on the Spark plan and that if you need to continue using SMS, you would need to upgrade to the Blaze plan. From the FAQ:

"Starting September 2024, to improve the security and service quality of Phone Authentication, Firebase projects must be linked to a Cloud Billing account to enable and use the SMS Service."

-Nohe