Extension request using legacy APIs for FCM

Sithu Aung

Jun 19, 2024, 10:40:26 AMJun 19
to Firebase Google Group
Dear Google Firebase Support Team,

I am writing to formally request an extension for the shutdown of the Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) legacy APIs, currently scheduled for June 20th, 2024.

Our company, WeesWares, has been actively working on transitioning from the legacy APIs to the new FCM APIs. However, due to unforeseen technical challenges and the complexity of our existing system integrations, we require additional time to complete this migration process without disrupting our services.

We respectfully request that the deadline for the shutdown of the FCM legacy APIs be extended to July 31st, 2024. This extension will provide us with the necessary time to ensure a smooth and seamless transition, allowing us to fully test and deploy the updated integration without compromising our service quality.

We understand the importance of upgrading to the new APIs and are committed to completing this transition as swiftly as possible. We appreciate your understanding and consideration of our request.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. We look forward to your positive response.

Best regards
Sithu

Alan Escobar Martinez

Jun 20, 2024, 1:52:56 PMJun 20
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sithu,

Thanks for reaching out, however the best way to handle these extensions is through the Firebase Support troubleshooter. In there, you will be able to create a case where your request will be processed individually.

Regards.

Alan Escobar

Delivery Manager / Senior Application Support Analyst

Service provided by EPAM Systems, on behalf of Google

Sithu Aung

Jun 21, 2024, 12:31:46 PMJun 21
to Firebase Google Group
Dear Alan Escobar Martinez,

Thank you for your prompt response and guidance. I will use the Firebase Support troubleshooter to create a case for my request.

I appreciate your assistance.

Best regards,
Sithu