Correct User Count and Avg. Session Duration - setUserID

Rahul Yadav

Jan 14, 2022, 9:43:10 PM1/14/22
to Firebase Google Group
Hello,
I am new to Firebase Analytics. We are having an issue with the number of Users count and it's affect on Retention and Avg. Session Duration numbers for our Flutter App.

The numbers of users shown by Firebase is way more than what we actually have. As mentioned here it seems that Firebase Analytics considers every app installation as a unique user (there are many app re-installs by the development team). We have recently added the setUserID property as mentioned here so that Firebase can correctly identify a user.

My questions are:
  1. With setUserID set, will Firebase Analytics correctly provide the user count, retention and avg. session duration numbers?
  2. Is there a way to either clear the previous users or not consider the incorrect number of users (due to re-installs) after the new analytics related to setUserID starts working?

We need to get the correct number of users, Avg. Session Duration and Retention Numbers. Can you please help with how can we achieve it?