Seeking Guidance: Implementing Firebase Analytics for React Native App with Multiple Country-Specific Projects

Deepak Prajapati

Nov 21, 2023, 8:06:13 AM11/21/23
to fireba...@googlegroups.com

Dear All,

I hope this email finds you well. Our client has a React Native application that dynamically loads content for users in the US and India. To effectively analyze user behavior and engagement, I'm exploring how to implement Firebase Analytics SDK with separate projects for each country within the app.

The objective is to ensure distinct tracking of user actions, events, and behaviors specific to each country while maintaining a singular app interface.

  • Problem Definition
  1. Application Context: React Native app with dynamic content serving users in the US and India.
  2. Desired Implementation: Firebase Analytics setup with separate projects for each country to track user actions independently.
  3. Challenges Faced: Uncertainty regarding the correct setup and initialization of Firebase Analytics within a React Native app to accommodate distinct country-specific tracking.
  • Proposed Approach:
  1. Project Setup: Created separate Firebase projects for the US and India.
  2. Configuration: Acquired respective configuration files (google-services.json and GoogleService-Info.plist) for each project.

Given this scenario, I would greatly appreciate your guidance and insights on the following points:

  1. Correct Initialization: Clarification on the correct method to initialize Firebase Analytics for separate projects within a React Native app.
  2. Configuration Considerations: Any specific considerations or adjustments needed in the configuration or initialization process for distinct country-specific projects.
  3. Best Practices: Any recommended best practices or alternative approaches to effectively track user behavior in this context.

Your expertise and guidance on this matter would be immensely valuable in ensuring accurate tracking and analysis of user engagement for our application.

Thank you for your time and assistance. I eagerly await your guidance and insights on this matter.

Best regards,

Deepak