Unable to Execute firebase init

Erwin Joshua Manuel

Jan 29, 2023, 1:47:44 AM1/29/23
to Firebase Google Group
Hi All,

I haven't been using firebase for a while but still,  I am facing an embarrassingly simple problem. I am unable to execute

firebase init

in my VS Code terminal (Windows 11). At the end, I check my firebase-debug.log. I have reproduced the error in the first attached image (
00 oath 2 login error.png).

I believe the error is :

FirebaseError: HTTP Error: 401, Request had invalid authentication credentials. Expected OAuth 2 access token, login cookie or other valid authentication credential.

 But when I check my VS Code Firebase Explorer, it shows my credentials as

I execute: firebase login and again it outputs in my terminal :

Already logged in as joshman...@gmail.com

Something is clearly wrong. I also checked and refreshed my Firebase Explorer several times and it shows no projects despite the fact there are a few in my firebase account (reproduced in the 2nd (01 firebase explorer - no projects.png) and 3rd image (02 firebase console projects.png)  attachments).

I don't really know what to do. Please help.

Thanks

00 oath 2 login error.png
02 firebase console projects.png
01 firebase explorer - no projects.png

Alan deLespinasse

Jan 30, 2023, 1:16:36 PM1/30/23
to Firebase Google Group
Try doing firebase logout and then firebase login again.