Issues with Cloud Runtime Config Preventing Function Deployment for Several Hours

DooDoo

Jun 19, 2024, 10:40:26 AMJun 19
to Firebase Google Group

Dear Firebase Team,

I am experiencing an issue with deploying my functions due to an error related to Cloud Runtime Config. The error message I am receiving is:

"Error: Cloud Runtime Config is currently experiencing issues, which is preventing your functions from being deployed. Please wait a few minutes and then try to deploy your functions again. Run firebase deploy --except functions if you want to continue deploying the rest of your project."

Despite waiting for several hours and retrying, I am still unable to deploy my functions. This is significantly impacting my project's progress. Below is the last line from the firebase-debug.log for your reference:

[debug] [2024-06-19T08:00:46.144Z] >>> [apiv2][query] GET https://runtimeconfig.googleapis.com/v1beta1/projects/.../configs [none]

Could you please provide any insights or solutions to resolve this issue?

Thank you for your assistance.

Alan Escobar Martinez

Jun 20, 2024, 1:46:43 PMJun 20
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
Hello there,

Once possible workaround is trying to deploy each function individually, as it is stated in the public documentation:

By default, the Firebase CLI deploys all of the functions inside your source at the same time. If your project contains more than 5 functions, we recommend that you use the --only flag with specific function names to deploy only the functions that you've edited. Deploying specific functions this way speeds up the deployment process and helps you avoid running into deployment quotas. For example:

firebase deploy --only functions:<YOUR_FUNCTION>

If this is not helping, please reach out to Firebase Support, they can deep dive on your project to see if something is not working correctly.

Regards

Alan Escobar

Delivery Manager / Senior Application Support Analyst

Service provided by EPAM Systems, on behalf of Google