Firebase Cloud Messaging

Uzair Shafique

Jan 14, 2022, 11:21:58 AM1/14/22
to Firebase Google Group
Hi,

I need some help with firebase cloud messaging. I have events set up already and am testing push notifications. Basically, I want to set up a notification which is fired out 21 days after a certain event is triggered.

"If user X triggers Event Y, then send this notification 21 days after Event Y has been triggered"

Please can someone assist me in helping with this.

Kato Richardson

Jan 18, 2022, 12:21:30 PM1/18/22
to Firebase Google Group
Hi Uzair,

There are probably a number of ways to accomplish this. Something like the following might be a good starting point, assuming Event Y can be a conversion event:
  1. Trigger a function when the event is logged
  2. Have the function write to a database with the target date/time of the event
  3. Use a cron/scheduled function to monitor the notifications queue
  4. Send the notification when the cron/scheduled function is triggered using the FCM send APIs
More on this can be found in Puf's Stack Overflow answers, collected and summarized here: https://stackoverflow.com/a/60714000/394010; if useful, you should give it an upvote!

☼, Kato

Kato Richardson | Developer Programs Eng | kato...@google.com | 775-235-8398