Subject: Issue with Firebase Crashlytics on Android in React Native

Akshay Maheshwari

Apr 19, 2024, 1:35:40 PMApr 19
to Firebase Google Group
Dear Firebase Support,

I hope this email finds you well. I am reaching out to report an issue I've been encountering with Firebase Crashlytics in my React Native application specifically on the Android platform. Despite integrating Crashlytics into my project and confirming its functionality on iOS, I'm facing difficulties with crash record capture on Android.

Here are the details of my development environment and dependencies:

React Native Firebase App Version: ^17.5.0
React Native Firebase Auth Version: ^17.5.0
React Native Firebase Crashlytics Version: ^17.5.0
React Native Firebase Dynamic Links Version: ^17.5.0
React Native Firebase Messaging Version: ^17.5.0
While Firebase Crashlytics is functioning as expected on iOS, on Android, it fails to capture crash records. I've ensured that the integration is correctly implemented, and there are no evident errors in the setup process.

Could you please assist me in diagnosing and resolving this issue? I've already tried several troubleshooting steps, including:

Double-checking the integration steps outlined in the Firebase documentation.
Verifying that the Firebase configuration files are correctly placed in the Android project.
Ensuring that the necessary permissions are declared in the AndroidManifest.xml file.
Checking for any conflicting dependencies or configuration settings.
Despite these efforts, I haven't been able to resolve the problem. It's crucial for me to have Crashlytics fully functional on both platforms to effectively monitor and debug any issues that arise in production.

If there are any specific logs, configuration files, or additional information you require from my end to investigate this matter further, please don't hesitate to let me know. I'm more than willing to provide whatever is necessary to facilitate the troubleshooting process.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your guidance and assistance in resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Best regards
Akshay Maheshwari