Firebase Send Verification Code Issue

Hồng Lê

Aug 15, 2023, 12:28:34 PM8/15/23
to Firebase Google Group
Hi Firebase Team,

I am facing an error in the OTP Authentication. Please find the Error description below:

{"func":"sendVerificationCode","error":{"error":{"code":"auth/internal-error","message":"{\"error\":{\"code\":503,\"message\":\"Error code: 39\",\"errors\":[{\"message\":\"Error code: 39\",\"domain\":\"global\",\"reason\":\"backendError\"}]}}"}}}

This issue happens about 1 to 3 times per day. I've checked the quota limits and none of them are over the threshold.

Can you please take a  look and let us know if we do anything to solve this issue?

Thanks,
Hong Le

Jen Harvey Hugg

Aug 15, 2023, 1:00:27 PM8/15/23
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

You can see "Error code: 39" if someone has attempted too many sign-ins using the same phone number within a specific period of time--this would hit a user-specific quota and not show within your project quotas.

If you suspect or have logs indicating that this may have a different cause, reach out to Firebase Developer Support, and be sure to provide as much detail as possible to aid in the investigation.

Thanks!

 - Jen @ Firebase