Web channel data reduction

Andrew Teirney

10:26 AM (4 hours ago) 10:26 AM
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I was wondering whether there was any ability to have the firestore responses have the whitespace of the JSON encoding removed, or alternatively use protobuf encoding?

I have been looking at some large memory usages and have tracked down the responses containing more whitespace than real data, and this appears to be retained in a fetch response buffer in google chrome.

This is specifically because of the deeply nested documents that exist in firestore at present. Whilst the wire size is greatly reduced with compression the response data is quite large.

Aside from getting the documents pruned and made more flat is there any other options I have to reduce the peak memory usage when reading a number of these deeply nested objects?

Kind Regards,
Andrew Teirney