Use Cloud Storage Bucket in a Firebase Project

Josua Bücher

Oct 8, 2018, 10:16:45 AM10/8/18
to Firebase Google Group
For one of my projects it would be of value to store all data in a specific geographical location.
Creating a new Bucket, this location is not yet available in the Firebase console for Firebase Storage. Though it is available in Google Cloud Console. It can create it here and access it from my Firebase App and via Cloud Functions. Would there be any downsides of doing this or is there any reason why it is not available in the Firebase console?
thank you
josua

Ian Barber

Oct 12, 2018, 2:25:24 PM10/12/18
to Firebase Google Group
That's the intended way of it working - create your Cloud Storage buckets in the Cloud console, and enable access to them in Firebase if desired.