Does FCM work in China?

ga...@secretlab.rocks

Jun 4, 2016, 2:24:49 AM6/4/16
to Firebase Google Group
Hi,

As the Great Firewall blocks many accesses from Google, GCM and some other services do not function properly in China. It seems that FCM is developed base on the play-service. So can i assume FCM is not working in China?

Gary

Mike Mcdonald

Jun 5, 2016, 11:38:52 PM6/5/16
to Firebase Google Group
Hi Gary,

We’re always exploring more ways to get our services in the hands of more mobile developers around the world, China included. Some services may work, but we can't guarantee which, given that those decisions aren't made by us.

On the client side, we don’t officially support Android devices without Google Play, which may make certain features less usable (or just unavailable).

Thanks,
--Mike