Following the Dynamic Links Guide for iOS does not update the apple-app-site-association file on firebase domain

Hassaan Shakeel

Jun 16, 2016, 6:20:00 PM6/16/16
to Firebase Google Group
Hello,

I have struggled with following the guide for dynamic linking for the iOS platform in my app. I have followed all the steps, triple checked to make sure they were done correctly, and have even tried the guide on the provided Firebase Dynamic Links Sample Project available on Github. Everything seems to be in place from my end, according to the guide; However, when I try to access my apple-app-site-association file on my Firebase app domain, I get a file with an empty "apps": [ ]

I am almost certain my app bundle ID should be included in this file, but is not, and I have followed all the steps listed on the guide (from what I understand).

So, what step am I missing in my implementation where this file on the domain is not being updated? If I am not skipping any step on the Guide, then is there a critical step missing from the guide available here: Firebase Dynamic Links Docs

Thank you, and please let me know if more information is required from my end.

Hassaan Shakeel

Jun 24, 2016, 2:42:33 PM6/24/16
to Firebase Google Group
Can anyone follow up on this question please? I still am unable to get this working.

luke.r...@asynchrony.com

Jun 24, 2016, 2:43:30 PM6/24/16
to Firebase Google Group
We experienced this issue as well. It was resolved by filling in the "Team ID" field under the iOS section of Project Settings in Firebase.

luke.r...@asynchrony.com

Jun 24, 2016, 2:43:45 PM6/24/16
to Firebase Google Group
I am also having this issue.

My apple-app-site-association file (https://XXXXX.app.goo.gl/apple-app-site-association) is displaying no associated apps (see response below). I followed each step of the setup documentation at https://firebase.google.com/docs/dynamic-links/ios

{"applinks":{"apps":[],"details":[]}}

With this blank, handlers in the app (running on iOS 9.3.2) are not triggered by tapping a Firebase dynamic link, and instead the user is directed to the fallback URL (the app's page in the App Store).

Any suggestions on why I am not seeing an "apps" payload or an appID listed on this association file? Any pointers are much appreciated.

Hassaan Shakeel

Jun 27, 2016, 2:38:30 PM6/27/16
to Firebase Google Group
Thank you. This was it. Once I filled in the Team ID, it all magically started working.

I think the documentation should be a little more clear on this minute detail, because skipping over this causes none of the feature to work!

Satinderpal Singh

Jul 15, 2016, 11:26:37 AM7/15/16
to Firebase Google Group
Hi Guys,

I'm also facing the same issue & as you guys suggested i have updated the Team ID as well.

Even then the https://xxxxx.app.goo.gl/apple-app-site-association, return {"applinks":{"apps":[],"details":[]}}

Any help of this will be really appreciated.

Fred Chung

Jul 15, 2016, 12:53:25 PM7/15/16
to Firebase Google Group
Hello-
Here's a quick checklist to ensure proper configuration. We're working to clarify the documentation. Thanks.
  1. Check the app’s bundle ID against the “ibi” parameter of the dynamic link and confirm that they match

  2. If the optional “ius” parameter is added to the Dynamic Link, the custom scheme URL with matching value must be set in the app.

  3. In the Capabilities tab of your app's Xcode project, verify “Associated Domains” is enabled and add the following to the Associated Domains list: applinks:app_code.app.goo.gl
    See  http://firebase.google.com/docs/dynamic-links/ios#open-dynamic-links-in-your-app

  4. Verify <app-code>.app.goo.gl/apple-app-site-association contains an entry for your app.  Verify <team-id>.<bundle-id> values are correct for your app

App Reina Isabel

Jun 19, 2019, 7:57:40 AM6/19/19
to Firebase Google Group
I was having exactly the same issue and fixed it by filling some extra field that were empty in the firebase console. Apart from the Team ID, and Bundle ID, I filled:

- assistance email address
- App Alias or Nick Name (don't know which is the right translation to English)

After adding these fields and downloading/adding a new Google-Services-info.plist to my project, my JSON message now looks good

{"applinks":{"apps":[],"details":[{"appID":"blablabla.MyPackage.name","paths":["NOT /_/*","/*"]}]}}

Hope this helps someone in the future