Regarding FIRE 2022 IRSE Track--- Call for participation

Ayan Bandyopadhyay

Jun 30, 2022, 5:20:01 AM6/30/22
to fire-list
....Apologies for cross-posting...

Dear All

This year our track based on Information Retrieval in Software Engineering (IRSE) has been accepted in FIRE 2022.
The details of the track can be found at https://sites.google.com/view/ir-se/home. The flyer is attached for your
reference. This track is hosted by TCG CREST, IIT Kharagpur, Sheffield University UK and Peak Indicators UK.

Forum for Information Retrieval Evaluation (FIRE) started in 2008 with the aim of building a South Asian counterpart for TREC, CLEF and NTCIR, FIRE has since evolved continuously to meet the new challenges in multilingual information access. It has expanded to include new domains like plagiarism detection, legal information access, mixed script information retrieval and spoken document retrieval to name a few.
In the IRSE track this year we have provided a code comment classification task wherein you need to use a supervised
learning setup to classify comments as useful and not useful with the surrounding code as context.
We will be releasing manually annotated training dataset on June 30, 2022. A sample dataset has also been attached for
your reference.
We request you to participate in this track and engage in exploring information retrieval techniques for metadata data
analysis in software engineering. This track is aimed to explore the emerging field of Big Code Analytics where software
and metadata are being mined to automate software engineering tasks.
Every Team will need to submit a working note paper along with results. Working Notes should be of 2 page in a 2 column
ACM format and will be included in CEUR Workshop Proceedings. Extended version of selected working notes will be
considered for publications in peer-reviewed journals / proceedings
Important Dates:

30th June – Training data released -- Download Link

20th July – Test data release

1st August – Run submission deadline

15th August – Results declared

15th September – Working notes due

15th October – Camera ready copies of working notes

Use command gpg <.gpg file> to decrypt and mail majumdar...@gmail.com or

bandyopad...@gmail.com for the password.

We can be contacted at ir...@googlegroups.com
Thanking You,