CFP: DE-FACTIFY : Workshop on Multi-Modal Fake News and Hate-Speech Detection @ AAAI 2022

Amitava Das

Oct 9, 2021, 12:17:19 PM10/9/21
to cl...@googlegroups.com, il...@googlegroups.com, fire...@googlegroups.com
image.gif
Screenshot 2021-10-09 at 9.23.55 PM.png
Workshop URL:  https://aiisc.ai/defactify/
Video Call for Papers/Participation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JttqsIOOhmY

CFP: DE-FACTIFY: Workshop on Multi-Modal Fake News and Hate-Speech Detection @ AAAI 2022

Combating fake news is one of the burning societal crises. It is difficult to expose false claims before they create a lot of damage. Automatic fact/claim verification has recently become a topic of interest among diverse research communities. Research efforts and datasets on text fact verification could be found, but there is not much attention towards multi-modal or cross-modal fact-verification. This workshop will encourage researchers from interdisciplinary domains working on multi-modality and/or fact-checking to come together and work on multimodal (images, memes, videos etc.) fact-checking. At the same time, multimodal hate-speech detection is an important problem but has not received much attention. Lastly, learning joint modalities is of interest to both Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Computer Vision (CV) forums.

Topics: It is a forum to bring attention towards collecting, measuring, managing, mining, and understanding multimodal disinformation, misinformation, and malinformation data from social media. This workshop covers (but is not limited to) the following topics: --

  • Development of corpora and annotation guidelines for multimodal fact-checking

  • Computational models for multimodal fact-checking

  • Development of corpora and annotation guidelines for multimodal hate speech detection and classification

  • Computational models for multimodal hate speech detection and classification

  • Analysis of diffusion of Multimodal fake news and hate speech in social networks

  • Understanding the impact of the hate content on specific groups (like targeted groups)

  • Fake news and hate speech detection in low resourced languages

Shared Tasks
Screenshot 2021-10-09 at 9.25.48 PM.png - We have released a dataset of 50K instances - FACTIFY - on multi-modal fact verification. It contains images, textual claims, reference textual documents/images. The task is to find out support, no-evidence, and refute between given claims.

Screenshot 2021-10-09 at 9.26.56 PM.png - Memotion 2 is the 2nd iteration of the Memotion task which was conducted at Semeval 2020. The challenge consists of three subtasks:
  1. Sentiment (positive, negative, and neutral) analysis of memes
  2. Overall emotion (humour, sarcasm, offensive, and motivational) classification of memes
  3. Classifying the intensity of meme emoticons.
We have release 10Kd annotated data of memes (images and the embedded text).

Invited Talks
Screenshot 2021-10-09 at 9.30.48 PM.png

Submissions: We encourage long papers, short papers and extended abstracts. Submissions will undergo a double-blind review. Accepted papers

It Will likely be archival. We are in conversation with publishers - once they confirm, we will announce accordingly.

Primary Contact: Amitava Das (Wipro AI Labs; amitav...@gmail.com

Organizing Committee:

Organizing Committee Chairs:

Amitava Das (Wipro AI Labs) [India]

Amit Sheth (University of South Carolina) [USA]

Tanmoy Chakraborty (IIIT Delhi) [India]

Asif Ekbal (IIT Patna) [India]

Chaitanya Ahuja (CMU) [USA]

Aishwarya Reganti (Amazon Alexa) [USA]

Parth Patwa (UCLA) [USA]

Student Volunteers:

Parul Chopra (CMU) [USA]

Amrit Bhaskar (ASU) [USA]

Nethra Gunti (IIIT Sri City) [USA]

Sathyanarayanan R. (IIIT Sri City) [India]

Shreyash Mishra (IIIT Sri City) [India]

S. Suryavardan (IIIT Sri City) [India]

Web Chair: Vishal Pallagani (University of South Carolina)

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
09/10/21, 09:45:48 pm