Call for Participation: Shared Task on Indian Language Summarization (ILSUM 2022)

Parth Mehta

Aug 10, 2022, 3:03:03 AM8/10/22
Apologies for the multiple postings.
----

Indian Language Summarization (ILSUM 2022)

To be organized in conjunction with FIRE 2022 (fire.irsi.res.in)
9th-13th December 2022 (Hybrid Event, hosted in Kolkata)

The first shared task on Indian Language Summarization (ILSUM) aims at creating an evaluation benchmark dataset for Indian Languages. While large-scale datasets exist for a number of languages like English, Chinese, French, German, Spanish, etc. no such datasets exist for any Indian languages. Through this shared task, we aim to bridge the existing gap.

In the first edition, we cover two major Indian languages Hindi and Gujarati alongside Indian English, a widely recognized dialect of the English Language. It is a classic summarization task, where we will provide ~10,000 article-summary pairs for each language and the participants are expected to generate a fixed-length summary.

Timeline
-------------
8th June - Task announced and Registrations open
22nd June - Training Data Release
30th August - Test Data Release
10th September - Run Submission Deadline
15th September - Results Declared
5th October - Working notes due
9th-13th December - FIRE 2022 (Hybrid Event hosted at Kolkata)

Organisers

Regards,
Parth Mehta
Co-organiser, ILSUM 2022