Problems plotting the tamura and color histogram.

Temo

Apr 28, 2010, 10:49:30 AM4/28/10
to FIRE - Flexible Image Retrieval Engine
Hi Thomas now i'm trying to plot the histograms graphics, with the
gnuplot on the terminal, any help?
i'm new using gnuplot.
greetings

Temo

Apr 29, 2010, 12:18:33 PM4/29/10
to FIRE - Flexible Image Retrieval Engine
Hi, when i'm trying to get the web page with the histograms plotting,
as i do in your on-line demo, i get this messages errors:
*on web browser:
Traceback (most recent call last): File "/var/www/cgi-bin/fire.py",
line 840, in message+="\""+tokens[2]+"\"/

\n" AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'featureurl'

*on the terminal:

[Core/net.cpp:264:getline] ERROR: error in getline: problem reading
character

any help plz
greetings :D

Thomas Deselaers

Apr 29, 2010, 12:22:40 PM4/29/10
to fire...@googlegroups.com
Looks like you have a problem in the configuration of the fire
webinterface. Maybe it is buggy in the SVN.

the config.py must specify a string featureurl which gives the URL to
the cgi script feature.py.

t.
--
http://thomas.deselaers.de

Temo Diaz

Apr 30, 2010, 10:38:16 AM4/30/10
to fire...@googlegroups.com
thanks a lot Thomas, now i have this problem, i can't see the images and the histograms plots, like in the attached image
i didn't see any error message
greetings

craig

Jul 7, 2012, 12:11:32 AM7/7/12
to fire...@googlegroups.com
I'm having the same problem.  I've actually ported all of the code over to windows and gotten the fire server to run.  However, even on my linux box the histograms don't show up.  Is anyone doing development on this code anymore?  If so I have a laundry list of bugs which should be fixed.

/Craig
2010/4/29 Thomas Deselaers <dese...@gmail.com>

Thomas Deselaers

Jul 7, 2012, 6:07:33 AM7/7/12
to fire...@googlegroups.com
Hi Craig,

I am not actively working on this code anymore.

However:
If you have bugreports, feel free to file them on the google code
page: http://code.google.com/p/fire-cbir/issues/entry

If you have bugfixes, I will happily merge them into the code tree or
(if necessary/convinient) give you write access to the repository.

Best,
thomas

>>> --
>>> http://thomas.deselaers.de
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> --

craig

Jul 8, 2012, 11:08:10 PM7/8/12
to fire...@googlegroups.com
Great...I'll put together a list.  I think I will need some help on some understanding of how to use FIRE

I am hoping that I can run the color histograms first to reduce a large data-set of 19K images down to just a few.  Then run a surf algorithm on that data-set to find the exact match.  Surf with a FLANN based match works really well for my data-set but the FLANN match simply takes to long when there are so many images.  I don't have a degree in image processing but I have a CS degree that  I haven't used in a while.

Thanks,
/Craig

>>> --
>>> http://thomas.deselaers.de
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> --

Thomas Deselaers

Jul 13, 2012, 2:23:53 PM7/13/12
to fire...@googlegroups.com
19k images doesn't sound crazily large. I have dealt with way larger
datasets in the past. It's just a matter of available RAM ;-)