Problem with extractcolorhistogram

Mike H.

Oct 4, 2011, 12:19:20 PM10/4/11
to FIRE - Flexible Image Retrieval Engine
I am having an issue with running extractcolorhistogram on a directory
that contains a very large number of images. The error I am getting
on the command line is:

-bash: ./extractcolorhistogram: Argument list too long

I need to know how to get around this issue. I am looking into fire-
cbir to solve an issue of looking for occurrences of a particular
image amongst tens of thousands of images. I am hoping that fire-cbir
will allow me to get this task done faster than the only other option
I have (manually looking at all of these images looking for the image
in question).

Any help on this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Mike H.
night...@gmail.com

Thomas Deselaers

Oct 4, 2011, 2:34:14 PM10/4/11
to fire...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The problem you have is not at all related to FIRE.

The solution is described there:

an alternative might be to use on the --filelist option of extractcolorhistogram.

t.

http://thomas.deselaers.de