WAITING FOR CONNECTION ON PORT 12960

flora

Jun 8, 2011, 5:24:16 AM6/8/11
to FIRE - Flexible Image Retrieval Engine
Hi,

I try to use FIRE so I follow the step by steop procedure but when I
execute : ./bin/fire -f ~/fire-img/filelist -r 10 I always get this
answer : waiting for connections on port 12960. How can I avoid it?

Thanks,

Best,

Flora

Thomas Deselaers

Jun 8, 2011, 5:26:08 AM6/8/11
to fire...@googlegroups.com
That's fine.
that means that the fire server is started.

After that the cgi script should be able to talk to it.

t.

> --

http://thomas.deselaers.de

flora

Jun 8, 2011, 7:28:46 AM6/8/11
to FIRE - Flexible Image Retrieval Engine
Perfect, it works!

Now I just have to try to change the features descriptors to find the
best way to describe my picture. By default it is color histogram if I
well understand but I'd like to try all the other descriptors.
I am going to worl on it.

Thank again!

Flora

Alejandro Ramirez

Feb 20, 2015, 2:14:40 PM2/20/15
to fire...@googlegroups.com
Hi Flora,

I hope you are still around here!!

can you tell me how you solved it??

how: the cgi scrips should be able to talk to it???

someone can help me on this??

Thanks

Best regards,

AL

Alejandro Ramirez

Feb 23, 2015, 1:03:05 PM2/23/15
to fire...@googlegroups.com

hi, dr. Thomas,

I need your help.

I have this problem, and i not have answer in votre site for fire

If your pictures are not displayed at the localhost webinterface, make sure that your webserver has the proper rights to access your pictures.

Comment by zhili...@gmail.com , Jul 21, 2011
 How to make sure my webserver has the proper rights to access the pictures? Thanks! Regards

can you send me the answer :

Bestregards,

Alex

Thomas Deselaers

Feb 23, 2015, 3:13:37 PM2/23/15
to fire-cbir
Hi Alejandro,

You need to make sure you have the right unix permissions. Basically, you need to check if you can see the images on the webserver if you access them through the appropriate URL and if you cannot, you need to look at the logs of the webserver.

t.