[announcement] Project FineFS started

amaury

Jul 21, 2009, 10:37:21 AM7/21/09
to finemedia-oss
The FineFS project is officially started. It's a simple but efficient
replicated filesystem, designed for Web applications on little-to-
medium sized infrastructures.

It is released under free software / open source software license by
the FineMedia company. We hope this project will be useful to some
other people.

All documentation and source code will be available on Google Code:
http://finefs.googlecode.com

This group will be used to discuss about project's evolution,
configuration problems, etc. We are open to discussion in french and
english.

Cheers,

Amaury Bouchard
CTO of FineMedia

amaury

Jul 24, 2009, 11:29:22 AM7/24/09
to finemedia-oss
The code source is available. It is an unstable release, for testing
purpose only.

We are working hard to release the first stable version very soon.

Ariel

Jul 27, 2009, 1:00:35 PM7/27/09
to finemedia-oss
Looks very cool! Good job!

amaury

Jul 30, 2009, 12:35:47 PM7/30/09
to finemedia-oss
A new version has been tagged: 0.3.0
It's still an unstable version, only because it needs more tests on
real-sized environment.