Can I autogenerate REST API docs for all my endpoints in Scala?

ComFreek

Aug 1, 2020, 1:23:30 PM8/1/20
to finaglers
I am using Finagle + Finch and would very much like to autogenerate developer documentation on all the endpoints I have.

Is there a built-in function or existing library I can use?
I was suggested to use `(endpoint1 :+: endpoint2 :+: ...).toString`, however that gives me the rather unhelpful string "(GET /help :+: (POST /archive :: build :+: ... ))". My goal is to have something like

"""
GET /help
POST /archive/build, payload: ..., return: ...
"""

where "..." is in my case ideally generated by io.circe, which of course knows what JSON data structures it expects.

Nakamura

Sep 9, 2020, 8:55:42 AM9/9/20
to finaglers
Hi ComFreek,
Sorry for the slow response.  We don't have a great solution right now, but we're beginning to look into OpenAPI integration, which may solve this in the future.  In the meantime, I think the approach you're using now is probably as good as it gets.
Best,
Moses