Remembering the true heroes...

1 view

Kamal S Ravi

Aug 11, 2010, 12:54:04 AM8/11/10
to Google Group, simsr-fina...@googlegroups.com, Somaiya Social Cell, pe...@googlegroups.com, fin_literac...@googlegroups.com
"At the stroke of the midnight hour, when the world sleeps, India will awake to life and freedom. A moment comes, which comes but rarely in history, when we step out from the old to the new…India discovers herself again."

- Jawaharlal Nehru
(on Independence Day, 1947)

August 15, 1947.

India shook off the shackles of British Rule and the nation woke up breathing in the air of freedom to herald a new beginning. It is the freedom that gave India a new identity as a sovereign country. Today's generation is lucky to have been born and brought up in an independent India and should feel all the more responsible to uphold the values of patriotism and nationalism. After all, 15th August is the day all Indians should unite, get rid of their prejudices, and work towards a united India.

Can you not spare a moment for all those martyrs who selflessly laid down their lives to give us the much sought-after freedom that we so much cherish?

Click on the link
http://esel.straightline.in/independence (or Copy&Paste it in your Browser) to pay your homage by lighting a lamp in remembrance of the soldiers who fought for our freedom.

One India. United India. Always.

--