KOUNT KRACULA'S Kult Movie Showcase : Alain Delon's " The Girl on a Motorcycle (1968) " c/o StripperGirlsGoneCrazy.com -plus "Frankenpimp" & :"The Happy Face Killer" win NOLFF's top awards!!! -PLUS- Reg Hartt's JANE JACOBS: ON FILM Screening

tony watt

Oct 5, 2010, 5:48:32 AM10/5/10
to tonywa...@yahoo.ca

KOUNT KRACULA'S

 Kult Movie Showcase

c/o

...your friendly, neigborhood kaped kult-kino krusader :

Kount Kracula [above left] C/O http://StripperGirlsGoneCrazy.com

"The Girl on a Motorcycle (1968)"

The Girl on a Motorcycle

Genre

Romance

Taglines

•  The film sensation of the year!
•  The title tells a lot, but there's a lot more to see.
•  She's always naked under leather

Plot Summary
Newly-married Rebecca leaves her husband's Alsatian bed on her prized motorbike - symbol of freedom and escape - to visit her lover in Heidelberg.

En route she indulges in psychedelic reveries as she relives her changing relationship with the two men.

i....C/O IMDB.COM
The Girl on a Motorcycle
 Movie Trailer:
@ this link-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEOwybriej4

Directed by
  Jack Cardiff

Writers
  Novel "La Motocyclette"
   André Pieyre de Mandiargues
  Screenplay
   Ronald Duncan
  Adaptation
   Jack Cardiff
  Gillian Freeman Thought sequences dialogue

Producers
  Sacha Kamenka ... associate producer
  Ronan O'Rahilly ... executive producer
  William Sassoon ... producer

Cast - in credits order  (complete, awaiting verification)
  Alain Delon ... Daniel
  Marianne Faithfull ... Rebecca
  Roger Mutton ... Raymond
  Marius Goring ... Rebecca's Father
  Catherine Jourdan ... Catherine
  Jean Leduc ... Jean
  Jacques Marin ... Pump Attendant
  André Maranne ... French Superintendent
  Bari Jonson ... French Customs Officer
  Arnold Diamond ... French Customs Officer
  John G. Heller ... German Customs Officer
  Marika Rivera ... German Waitress
  Richard Blake ... 1st Student
  Chris Williams ... 2nd Student
  Colin West ... 3rd Student
  Kit Williams ... 4th Student
Other credited cast listed alphabetically
  Stephanie Muldenhall ... Child (uncredited)

Original Music
  Les Reed

Cinematographers
  Jack Cardiff
  René Guissasrt¹ (lighting cameraman)

Editors
  Peter Musgrave

Art Directors
  Jean d'Eaubonne
  Russell Hagg

Make Up Department
  Bill Griffiths ... hair stylist
  Bunty Phillips ... makeup artist

Production Managers
  Cecil Foster Kemp¹ ... production manager
  Stuart Freeman ... production supervisor
  Paul Laffargue ... production manager

Second Unit Directors or Assistant Directors
  James Hodgetts ... assistant director
  Philippe Lefebvre ... assistant director

Sound Department
  John Aldred ... sound recordist
  Bob McPhee¹ ... sound recordist
  Clive Smith ... sound editor
  Tony Dawe ... foley recordist (uncredited)

Stunts
  David Watson ... stunts

Camera and Electrical Department
  John Cardiff ... camera operator
  Peter MacDonald ... camera operator
  Raymond Meehan¹ ... gaffer

Costume and Wardrobe Department
  Suzy Berton ... wardrobe mistress
  Masada Wilmot ... wardrobe mistress

Editorial Department
  David Watson ... color consultant

Music Department
  Douglas Gamley ... conductor

Miscellaneous Crew
  Laurie Atkin ... fantasy color consultant
  Doreen McCann ... production secretary
  Eve Wilson ... continuity

Production Companies
     Adel Productions (as Ares Productions)

     Mid-Atlantic Film (Holdings)

     British Lion Films (presentation)

- Dig Kount Kracula's kLASSIK kULT mOVIE kOLLECTION @ HIS  OFFICIAL
 www.StripperGirlsGoneCrazy.com YAHOOGROUP AT:

  ...& purcha$e more of KRACULA'S KULT KLASSIKS @

  http://StripperGirlsGoneCrazy.com

onward...

"Frankenpimp" & :"The Happy Face Killer"  win NOLFF's top awards!!!

c/o Doc Frank N. Stein
We originally wanted to make our festival non-competitive; but with indie films being so hard to get recognition ( & IN THE HALLOWEEN SPIRIT)...We decided to give out the first  for Best Feature & Best Short 2009 NIGHT OF THE LIVING FILM FESTIVAL 'no-prize' awards

and now.....as voted by our infamous N.O.L.F.F. Team of judges...here they are:

  ...getting the 2009 NIGHT OF THE LIVING FILM FESTIVAL 'no-prize'
BEST FEATURE FILM award goes to: TWI STUDIO'S:"Frankenpimp (2009)"

: FRANKENPIMP Movie trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AlBG5wQVv0

details at:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1470822

purchase details at:

http://www.amazon.com/Frankenpimp-Tony-Tex-Watt/dp/B003A837YK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1267666373&sr=8-1 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...getting the 2009 NIGHT OF THE LIVING FILM FESTIVAL 'no-prize'
BEST short FILM award goes to:

Enity Film's

:"The Happy Face Killer (2008)"

 Movie details at

: http://vimeo.com/3516058

-That's it Kids!

Frank N. Stein &The N.O.L.F.F. Team

>:)Horror Filmmakers and fans can now link up and discuss/promote horror movies in the forums section of http://www.LegendsOfHorror.Org

...see ya there!

copyright 2009 c/o the creator(s) of the  NIGHT OF THE LIVING FILM FESTIVAL &
The NOTLFF Team, all rights reserved.

All artwork are copyright by their owners; any portion of this interview for reproduction must be obtained by writing or e-mail, by contacting nightoftheli...@ymail.com

Image Preview[pix c/o  citytv.com]

Reg Hartt Presents ....
Monday thru Thursday-THEN Sat. &Sun., 7pm.
463 Bathurst Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5T 2S9. (416-603-6643).
Films At Reg Hartt’s, 463 Bathurst Below College Across From The Beer Store. 416-603-6643.

Sunday, October 3, 10, 17, 24.

7pm: JANE JACOBS. ON FILM (3 hours).

From the IDEAS THAT MATTER CONFERENCE (1997) Jane Jacobs in conversation with Ann Medina, Michael Valpy and Peter Gzowski.

I imagine very few people got a fan letter from Jane Jacobs. I am one of them.

She first came to my programs, with her family, in 1968 when they arrived in Toronto. Closing my eyes I can still see the moment I met them.

Revenue Canada said that the program I am running is not a business. That means I cannot deduct the expenses I incur running it. They are right. It is not a business.

Elizabeth Glibbery of Municipal Licensing & Standards for The City Of Toronto says it is a business and it is illegal.

So I decided not to charge a fee.

That makes it legal.

Well, almost.

You see it is illegal to invite the public into our homes in this city (for any purpose).

So you can't come unless you are my friend.

As it happens, half of this city already is my friend. The other half is about to be.

My space has room, at most, for twenty people. The chairs are large and very comfortable. The sound system is among the best in the city.

Not only that I am equipped to play 8mm, super 8mm, 16mm, vhs and digital cinema.

On top of that I have fitted this place with a 3D system second to none in the country..

Mrs. Jacobs was my friend.

"My mother idolized you," one of her sons told me the other day.

"Well, I idolized her," I replied.

Elizabeth Glibberyof The Citty of Toronto is probably a nice person. I bear her no malice. But she also embodies in her person everything that Mrs. Jacobs spoke out against in her books from THE DEATH AND LIFE OF GREAT AMERICAN CITIES to her last DARK AGE AHEAD.

"The best part of what you offer is what you have to say," Mrs. Jacobs told me one day over a beer in her house.

"Coming from you that is better than receiving an Academy Award," I told her.

"I would not say that," she replied.

"I would. I know the caliber of the people who vote on those things," I said.

"Rise, rise, rise and rise again until lambs become lions," is the message of the new film of ROBIN HOOD.

Yes, and while we rise, rise, rise and rise again pay no attention to those who think it crazy.

At one of my screenings a near riot broke out when I told the audience there was always blood from police violence during the protest marches against the war in Vietnam.

"No there wasn't. We never saw it on television," people screamed at me.

Mrs. Jacobs was there. She stood up. "He is telling you the truth. I was there," she said.

Yes, she was there.

All of her life she was there.

She was on the front lines in the avant garde where the blood flows not in the rear guard where the shots fall short.

Mrs. Jacobs was a New York woman.

She knew the importance of standing up, getting knocked down and standing up again.

There has always been a shortage of people who know that.

Revenue Canada looks at the admissions I charged as helping to cover the cost of the programs.

One of the people sent by the city, John Sopocleous, saw them the same way.

David Williams, an officer who came after him, saw them purely as an illegal activity.

I found long ago that when people pay money for something they put more value on it.

When people pick up a copy of THE TORONTO STAR, THEGLOBE AND MAIL, THE TORONTO SUN or THE NATIONAL POST they take it home with them. It is theirs. They paid for it.

When they pick up a copy of one of the city's overabundance of free papers they glance at it and leave it behind. It has no value for most (and I disagree with most on this. I always bring them home.).

I bought full page ads in several of them. I discovered they have almost no value. They increase my cost and decrease my ability to run my program.

This program is designed not for the many but the few.

When I began the program here I was freed from having to put bums on seats.

I decided to program films and events that I knew were worthwhile but which I also knew very few wanted to see.

My Cineforum was cited in THE LONELY PLANET guide as a place to see when in Toronto.

A lot of people over the years have said a lot of good things about my work.

The important thuing is from tonight, Sunday, October 3 to Sunday October 24 at 7pm you can have the experience of seeing and hearing a housewife and a mother whose ideas changed the world for the better.

In this moment when so many feel being a housewife and a mother is not of value it is important to assert the importance of those two vocations (which are reallly one).

You may well be the only person here.

One night a man walked in for a presentation. He was what you might be.

"You are getting a private screening," I told him.

"Do you mind?"

"No. That is why I like doing things here. No one gives me grief when only one person shows up," I said to him.

"You have been doing great work for the art and cullture of this country for a long time," he replied.

"Some see it that way. Most do not. What do you do?"

He gave me his card. On it I read, "The Honourable John Roberts, P.C."

He had served as Minister of Communications and Minister of The Environment for this country. I found out he had been coming to my programs since I started them at Rochdale College.

Yes, most do not see a value in what I do.

My emails to the media have met with almost no response.

Joe Fiorito wrote an excellent piece in THE TORONTO STAR. It caused no one to say, "Wait a minute. What's going on?"

My generation was among the last to know the importance of standing up, getting knocked down and standing up again.

The kids today have been brainwashed from pre-school not to fight. That is not a good thing for tomorrow.

"I had wonderful teachers in the first and second grades who taught me everything I know. After that, I'm afraid, the teachers were nice, but they were dopes...I have a lack of ideology, and not because I have an
animus against any particular ideology; it's just that they don't make sense to me...they get in the way of thinking. I don't see what use they are...University and uniformity, as ideals, have subtly influenced how
people thought about education, politics, economics, government, everything...We are misled by universities and other intellectual nstitutions to believe that there are separate fields of knowledge. But it's clear there are no separate fields of knowledge. It is a seamless web," says Mrs. Jacobs in one of the films in this program.

Like I said, though, you cannot come and see this program unless you are my friend.

After Mrs. Jacobs passed away a lovely story appeared in the press from a mother who had been living through hell with an infant and a six year old filled with sibling rivalry. One night she took them out after midnight to a park down the street from where she was living..

The six year old was at his worst.

An older woman walked over, sat down beside her, took over the six year old and gave her the time she needed for the infant.

"That is the woman who helped me,:" she said pointing to a woman across the street she said to her husband a few days later..

"That is Jane Jacobs," he said.

That was Jane Jacobs.

She was a friend to everyone.

When she saw a need she stepped up to fill it.

Friends don't need to be asked to help.

When they see that help is needed they provide it.

Rise, rise, rise and rise again until lambs become lions.

"You have the wrong attitude. You will starve in two weeks if you leave this school today," my high school principal told me.

Had I not left that moment I would have starved.

And I would never have had Jane Jacobs as a friend, a mentor and a fan.

I can not imagine Hugh Hefner ever looking at Jane Jacobs and saying, "Now there is a woman I want to know."

For all of his material success he is the poorest man I know and the author of the greatest poverty.

"Don't you want to meet famous actors," a reporter asked when I said I skip TIFF.

"Why would they want to meet me," I replied.

Actors are famous for what? Standing on chalk marks delivering lines someone wrote for them.

When the going gets tough a stunt person steps in.

There is nothing heroic about actors.

There is something heroic about the ordinary person who has no one to step in for them when the going gets rough.

These unsung men and women who rise, rise, rise and rise again every day to take mean jobs to feed their children are the true heroes.

Jane Jacobs knew that because when she first rose up and rose agaian and again and again she was just a housewife.

Who listens to them?

Well, it turned out a great many did and do listen to this woman who was a wife and a mother first and everything else second.

We need more like her.

We already have too many Elizabeth Glibberys.

I look forward to seeing you tonight.

If you loved her as much as I did this will be a reunion of lovers.

You may bring your own food and drink. Pretend you are in a civilized country. Bring a bottle of wine to share in a toast to this wonderful woman who was a mother not only to her family but to this world we live in.

I am doing what my friend Jane Jacobs did. I am welcoming strangers into my life.

With her as a mentor can we do less?

--Reg Hartt, Crazy-Wisdom-Yogin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Jacobs

http://www.ideasthatmatter.com/

http://www.ideasthatmatter.com/people/index.phtml

http://www.robertfulford.com/jacobs.html

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/861001--fiorito-we-gotta-have-hartt
http://torontoist.com/2010/08/the_cineforum_is_dead_long_live_the_cineforum.php
http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=174449
http://reghartt.ca/cineforum/

"Eleven o'clock always comes. In the meantime, may you know the happiness of working to serve your own good opinion. Invent nothing, deny nothing, speak up, stand up, stay out of school."

For the best study of why you should stay out of school hit John Taylor Gatto in friends.
To see the titles in the  collection email me for the list.--Reg Hartt