Chris Marker - La Jetee

Bobby Beksinski

Dec 1, 2012, 8:15:24 PM12/1/12
to The Internet Film Club
The fluidity of Marker's photography is extraordinary enough to make
this one of the finest pieces of experimental cinema. But to add the
narration and story set to these images turns it into a influential
element to the Sci Fi genre. I am just simply and utterly impressed
with Chris Marker's film.

Also to film it or rather edited it (since it only consists of one
clip of a filmed moving picture which had perfect placement by the
way) with still shot photography is a brilliant and unique way to tell
a story. And I guess it helps with Marker's talent behind the lense
but his images flow together so well that midway through it became
less noticeable that the plot was being told through stills and
honestly felt like a video filmed product. The sense of beauty and
emotion that the images here resonates within me provided the biggest
impact and the finale is truly unforgettable. Superb piece of
filmmaking. 9/10