RE: Nominations for April 2013 - Hollywood Pre-Code

Zelia Trueb

Dec 10, 2012, 9:09:24 AM12/10/12
to film...@googlegroups.com
So, the period of Hollywood before the Code runs between the end of the
silent era in the late 1920s and the start of Hollywood's golden age in the
mid-1930s.
Below is the beginning of the list:

Virtue (1932) (***)
Baby Face (1933) (***)
Red-Headed Woman (1932) (***)
Three on a Match (1932)
Night Nurse (1931)
Rain or Shine (1930)
Ladies of Leisure (1930)
The Miracle Woman (1931)
Forbidden (1932)
The Bitter Tea of General Yen (1933)
Arizona (1931)
Three Wise Girls (1932)
Ten Cents a Dance (1931)
Shopworn (1932)

Zelia

Dec 11, 2012, 6:51:14 AM12/11/12
to film...@googlegroups.com
I just found out why we have not heard from David for so long. He is
at the hospital. The doctor thinks it is either TB or lung cancer. I
know David would like to take part in making this list so, keep
posting suggestions but let's not close the list before we hear from
David again. And please keep David in your thoughts

Thorkell