David's month - January or April?

Thorkell A. Ottarsson

Dec 23, 2012, 8:14:59 PM12/23/12
to film...@googlegroups.com
I want to ask you all a question. I had an idea and I'm not even sure if it is a good idea. I was wondering if we should move David's month up to January to remember him then or if we should just leave it as it is, in April. Some people might have trouble with finding the films so quickly so it might make it difficult for them to participate. If we would move his month up then it would push all the other months back one month. Musicals would be in February and so on.

So what say ye; should we change it or leave it as is?

Thorkell

Zelia Trueb

Dec 24, 2012, 8:59:04 AM12/24/12
to film...@googlegroups.com
I do not have an issue with us moving it to January. But again, I only watch movies available in Netflix or YouTube. I never did workout in Viome.

Zelia

Sent from my iPad

anne

Dec 24, 2012, 10:24:31 AM12/24/12
to film...@googlegroups.com
I think it would be good not to leave David's memorial month until April, but I rarely watch films the month they are supposed to be watched, so am probably not the best person to give an opinion.
I was saddened yesterday to happen upon this review, written by David in June http://letterboxd.com/sfdavide/film/general-della-rovere/
Anne

Thorkell A. Ottarsson

Dec 24, 2012, 11:46:48 AM12/24/12
to film...@googlegroups.com
Yes that was a sad review Anne!

I would like to have David's month in January but only if no one is against it.

Linda Key

Dec 24, 2012, 12:17:32 PM12/24/12
to film...@googlegroups.com
No objections here.

Bobby Beksinski

Dec 24, 2012, 9:54:41 PM12/24/12
to The Internet Film Club
I was thinking something similar so I don't lose track of the
wonderful watch list you have made Thorkell come April.

On Dec 24, 12:17 pm, Linda Key <linda...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No objections here.
>
> On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Thorkell A. Ottarsson
> <thork...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Yes that was a sad review Anne!
>
> > I would like to have David's month in January but only if no one is
> > against it.
>
> > On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 4:24 PM, anne <waj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I think it would be good not to leave David's memorial month until April,
> > > but I rarely watch films the month they are supposed to be watched, so am
> > > probably not the best person to give an opinion.
> > > I was saddened yesterday to happen upon this review, written by David in
> > > Junehttp://letterboxd.com/sfdavide/film/general-della-rovere/
> > > Anne
>
> > > On 24/12/2012 13:59, Zelia Trueb wrote:
>
> > > I do not have an issue with us moving it to January.  But again, I only
> > > watch movies available in Netflix or YouTube.  I never did workout in
> > Viome.
>
> > > Zelia
>
> > > Sent from my iPad
>
> > > On Dec 23, 2012, at 8:14 PM, "Thorkell A. Ottarsson" <thork...@gmail.com

Josh Waterman

Dec 25, 2012, 2:50:27 AM12/25/12
to film...@googlegroups.com
I agree. We should definitely do January.

Kasper Lauritzen

Dec 27, 2012, 8:08:11 PM12/27/12
to The Internet-film club
Fine with me

Thorkell A. Ottarsson

Dec 27, 2012, 8:24:48 PM12/27/12
to film...@googlegroups.com
Then January will be David's month.

Here is the watch list:

Main list:
Dangerous Days (1933)
I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang (1932)
Scarface (1932)
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1931)
Island of Lost Souls (1932)
Baby Face (1933)
Red-Headed Woman (1932)
Tarzan and His Mate (1934)
The Bitter Tea of General Yen (1933)
Flying Down to Rio (1933)
Applause (1929)

Extra list:
The Gay Divorcee (1934)
Hallelujah! (1929)
The Champ (1931)
Employees' Entrance (1933) vhs
The Big House (1930)
Hell's Highway (1932)
The Public Enemy (1931)
Little Caesar (1931)
Freaks (1932)
The Invisible Man (1933)
The Black Cat (1934)
The Most Dangerous Game (1932)
The Old Dark House (1932)
The Mummy (1932)
White Zombie (1932)
The Mask of Fu Manchu (1932)
King Kong (1933)
I'm No Angel (1933)
Red Dust (1932)
Platinum Blonde (1931)
It (1927) Clara Bow
The Thin Man (1934)
She Done Him Wrong (1933)
Cleopatra (1934)
Dinner at Eight (1933)
Bombshell (1933)
Safe in Hell (1931)
Cavalcade (1933)
The Sign of the Cross (1932)
One Way Passage (1932)
State Fair (1933)
Me and My Gal (1932)
Man's Castle (1933)
Twentieth Century (1934)
Street Scene (1931)
Waterloo Bridge (1931)
Hallelujah I'm a Bum (1933)
Anna Christie (1930)
Blood Money (1933)
Jewel Robbery (1932)
The Wolf Song (1929)
The Divorcee (1930)
Heroes for Sale (1933)
Hard to Handle (1933)
Ladies They Talk About / Women in Prison (1933)
Virtue (1932)
Rain or Shine (1930)
Ladies of Leisure (1930)
The Miracle Woman (1931)