background on triple stores, linked data, and rdf.

George Lilly

Nov 22, 2011, 10:51:26 PM11/22/11
to fileman-tr...@googlegroups.com
A couple people have asked me for some references to let them learn more about rdf, triple stores, and linked data. If you have additional links, please share them on this topic.

thanks
gpl

For background on linked data and rdf, first look at both of these Ted talks if you are not already familiar with them:

http://blog.ted.com/2009/03/13/tim_berners_lee_web/

Conor Dowling has done some brilliant work on Semantic VistA; software (fmql), applications, and a great website here:

we are looking at a triple store for VistA because they are the principle (only?) way to do linked data.

Here is our google group:

Here is our public repository for the code we are developing and the sample data and logs we are assembling.

Here is our sandbox which is what I have been assembling over the last year or two and which is what we spent most of my talk going through:

Here's a couple of links you'll find on that page that I'll repeat here for emphasis:

(note: hData is rdf based, although you won't see it mentioned very often if at all... so is PCAST... all you have to do is look at their XML... )

rtweed

Nov 24, 2011, 4:05:45 AM11/24/11
to Fileman Triple Store
And the patent lawyers are already putting their stakes in the
ground. This one from Adobe apparently:

http://patents.com/us-8037108.html

Rob