fmts vs. javascript/LISP

George Lilly

Nov 23, 2011, 3:10:55 PM11/23/11
to fileman-tr...@googlegroups.com
The only combination that I have found that would compete with the javascript/MUMPS combination that I dream of for this project is the javascript/LISP combination found in Allergro :

watch on youtube how pleasant this combination is for manipulating large datasets (in this case drugs) in powerful ways:

I really like (and would love to adopt in concept) their "cursors" and "generators" and I'm sure many more of the concepts that they use.

the advantages we will have include:

1. tight integration with VistA via fileman and "blessed nodes"
2. workaday high performance REST web services to retrieve standard views of graphs
3. optimization for emerging health IT paradigms
4. scaling from a single small VistA implementation to much larger configurations
5. opensource licensing

... the advantage they have is it's already programmed and they are better financed :)

gpl

Tom Munnecke

Nov 23, 2011, 3:58:27 PM11/23/11
to fileman-tr...@googlegroups.com
wow... I really like this kind of thinking...

very similar to what I've been calling "Health Space" all these years - treating health an an open space of activities, not a "integrated" system of controlled, "one correct way" notions.  The "Universal Namespace" idea is just part of creating that connectability...

I really want to know more about all this..