FigTree v1.3 released.

Andrew Rambaut

Dec 16, 2009, 11:09:37 AM12/16/09
to figtree-...@googlegroups.com
FigTree v1.3 is now available for download from the website:
http://tree.bio.ed.ac.uk/software/figtree/

What is new?
Added a 'Background' colouring option to the 'Appearance' panel so the colour under each clade can be controlled by an attribute.

Added a 'Color by' option to tip, node and branch labels so the colour of the labels can be controlled by an attribute.

Restored a Export to PDF option in the File menu. This uses a different library for creating PDFs from the Graphics export and doesn't require any settings (it should produce a PDF that matches the screen image).

Implemented a 'QuickLook' plugin for Mac OS X. This allows you to view a tree simply by pressing the space bar in Finder (will also automatically produce thumbnails). See readme in folder for installation instructions.

Bug Fixes:
Fixed an issue with 'branch' attributes not being loaded from a NEXUS file.

The tree panel now has focus when the window opens which allows direct copy/pasting of tree files.

New attributes are available in the Find panel.

Annotation types being defined in the dialog box were not being created.

Andrew Rambaut
Institute of Evolutionary Biology University of Edinburgh
Ashworth Laboratories Edinburgh EH9 3JT
EMAIL - a.ra...@ed.ac.uk TEL - +44 131 6508624

Andrew Rambaut

Dec 17, 2009, 5:07:48 AM12/17/09
to figtree-...@googlegroups.com
Dear FigTree users,

Unfortunately there were a couple of issues with the version 1.3 I released yesterday. Specifically, I managed to break the ability to collapse nodes. This was a result of the new background colouring feature I introduced (and didn't test properly, obviously). Because I am a bit busy at the moment, I have taken the lazy option of just replacing the packages on the website with new, (hopefully) fixed ones rather than making a whole new version. If the 284 people who downloaded it before 10:00 GMT on 17th Dec, could download it again, this issue should be resolved.

I also fixed a problem with the Mac package that meant that the QuickLook plugin was corrupt and FigTree wouldn't run on older Mac OS X versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Andrew