API for state legislation - legisearch plugin

Madeleine Ward

Mar 30, 2017, 2:47:07 PM3/30/17
to Open States
need API for state legislation - legisearch plugin
Unable to work for my website.
Is there a way to acquire a new key, have tried leaving blank or putting in email, doesnt work.

Or do you know of another alternative to use.

Brendan McCollam

Mar 30, 2017, 2:57:52 PM3/30/17
to Open States
Right now, the Openstates API doesn't require an API key. My understanding is that since the Sunshine Foundation shut down, it's not possible to register for an API key, so they've just opened it up for use without keys.

Best,
Brendan

Kim Baron

Apr 12, 2017, 6:21:32 PM4/12/17
to Open States
Did you ever figure this out? I'm trying to get the WP Legisearch plugin to work, too, and running into the same issue. The plugin doesn't seem to allow for no API key.

Dan Roberts

Apr 13, 2017, 2:13:35 PM4/13/17
to Open States
I wrote that Wordpress plugin. Just put in 32 0's and it should work.

So 00000000000000000000000000000000 will work.

Kim Baron

Apr 13, 2017, 11:28:40 PM4/13/17
to Open States
That worked! Thanks so much for your reply. And for a great plugin.