syphon server inside field - possible?

johannesgj

Nov 15, 2011, 10:56:26 AM11/15/11
to Field-development
i am about to start using field but have one problem i have to solve
before going all in.

is it possible to have syphon OUTPUT from field.
i mean can field output through a syphon server?

i know that syphon a java implementation of syphon is running as a
syphon server but i don't know if it would run in field.

can anybody update me on this?
and if its not there already i highly recommend implementing it, cause
for vj'ing it would create the first live-coding input for vj
softwares for composition like vdmx which would be highy addictive :-)

kind regards johannes

Marc Downie

Nov 15, 2011, 12:08:57 PM11/15/11
to field-de...@googlegroups.com

is it possible to have syphon OUTPUT from field.
i mean can field output through a syphon server?

It's not possible just now, but it's certainly on the list. We have a project that might need this to work in December, which makes it likely to happen.

I'm no expert on Syphon, but I assume there's no more functionality required than broadcasting the contents of a Field graphics system FBO? Or is there something more involved?

best,

Marc.

liubo

Nov 15, 2011, 12:39:35 PM11/15/11
to field-de...@googlegroups.com
There is some work on java syphon client/server on the syphon dev forum. Not sure if they had the server working last time I checked.

johannesgj

Nov 16, 2011, 2:07:24 PM11/16/11
to Field-development
yeah as i understood the java syphon works they are having a stable
solution running. check out both the j´syphon dev forum and jsyphon on
google.