How to close the canvas?

Greg

May 2, 2012, 12:09:55 AM5/2/12
to Field-development
Might seem a silly question but how one closes a fullscreen canvas on
Mac OS X? I'm trying to play with the tutorials but the fullscreen
canvas is impossible to escape from so in the end I have to quit
Field. Tried escape and command+w with not much success.

Marc Downie

May 2, 2012, 12:23:31 AM5/2/12
to field-de...@googlegroups.com

You are looking for canvas.setVisible(0). As in:

canvas = makeFullscreenCanvas()

canvas.setVisible(0)

Marc

Greg

May 2, 2012, 12:29:09 PM5/2/12
to Field-development
Thanks!

Greg

May 2, 2012, 12:37:39 PM5/2/12
to Field-development
An other problem: I remember checking the tutorial videos ages ago
(must have been more than two years) and I loved them. I checked them
again and they're useless. The resolution is so bad that the code is
illegible. Now either my memory fools me and those videos haven't
changed, or my eye sight got worse... or for some mysterious reason
the videos have been changed. I would love to see them in good
quality, please! Example: https://vimeo.com/8311725

Marc Downie

May 2, 2012, 12:47:09 PM5/2/12
to field-de...@googlegroups.com
 or for some mysterious reason
the videos have been changed. I would love to see them in good
quality, please! Example: https://vimeo.com/8311725

That video isn't actually by us, it's by a Greg Lorincz (who I don't believe I've ever met). Perhaps they dropped their Vimeo HD account? In any case, our videos should be full res (although Vimeo's "poster frame" is often low quality). If you find one that isn't let us know.

I'm also happy to take Field videos that people find useful and host them on our own Vimeo Pro account.

best,

Marc.

Greg

May 2, 2012, 1:53:39 PM5/2/12
to Field-development
Embarrassing, Greg Lorincz is me. How and why did I upload a video of
Field is a mystery. More embarrassing, did not know about the HD
button. Apologies and glad to have the ye ol' tutorial video back!