все любят Фила Коллинза

Ivan Novikov

Feb 12, 2021, 6:32:25 AM2/12/21

Hello everybody!

Найдено в этих ваших интернетах:

When Phil Collins was 19 and doing some session drumming he got a call from
contact saying that George Harrison was looking for someone to play congas on a
track on his new solo album, 'All Things Must Pass' and would Phil be
interested? Of course, races to the studio session to play on a track by his
hero. He plays Congas on the track, with George there and Phil Spector
producing. A few weeks later the album comes out and there is no sign of the
congas on the track. Phil is gutted but can't do anything about it.

20 years pass without Phil and George crossing paths again. Then randomly they
meet at an event and enjoy a chat. After an hour or so Phil says to George "I
don't know whether you remember, but when I was a kid I came into the studio on
the ATMP sessions and played congas on a track, but when it was released the
track, but when it was released the congas weren't on the final recording? I've
always wondered why. Any ideas?"

George replies that he has no recollection at all of the day, but says it was
most likely Phil Spector who didn't like the sound and took it off. But he does
mention that he still has the master tapes from the whole session, and if Phil
would like he can send them to him, so he can here the congas. Phil of course
says he would love to.

About 3 weeks later Phil receives a large package and it is the master tapes
from the session, send by George. He plays it and the congas are on there,
sounding absolutely terrible, unlistenable. Phil is devastated. To make it
worse, at the end of the recording, quite clearly George can be heard saying to
Phil Spector "Get rind of the lad on the congas, he's crap."

Phil calls up George after to thank him. He asks George if he listened to him
before sending. George says no, he didn't have time. Phil tells George how bad
it was and also tells him that it was indeed George who had the congas removed,
and also said the lad playing them was crap! George says "Oh shit, I'm sorry
man, what can I say?" Phil takes it on the chin and they talk about something
else. After a few minutes George starts cracking up in fits of laughter, Phil
asks him what he's laughing at. George:
"Those tapes I sent you, they're not the real sessions. I wanted to get you
going, so I hired a band to come in last week to re-record the whole song with
me, and I deliberately played the worst congas imaginable and said at the end
the lad on the congas was useless, just so I could send them to ya. I wish I
could have seen your face. I'll send you the real sessions now, you sounded
great."

Took a whole day out of his schedule and hired a band, specifically just to
rinse Phil Collins!

What. A. Man

Ivan

Michael Baryshnikov

Feb 14, 2021, 3:22:26 AM2/14/21
Hello, Ivan!

IN> Took a whole day out of his schedule and hired a band, specifically just
IN> to rinse Phil Collins!

Вот что англичане называют practical joker :)
Джорджу респект.

С наилучшими пожеланиями, Michael Baryshnikov.

Ivan Novikov

Feb 14, 2021, 8:32:26 AM2/14/21
Привет, Michael!

В воскресенье 14 Февраля, Michael Baryshnikov накропал письмо к Ivan Novikov:

IN>> Took a whole day out of his schedule and hired a band, specifically
IN>> just to rinse Phil Collins!
MB>
MB> Вот что англичане называют practical joker :)
MB> Джорджу респект.
Исходный твит сопровождался вот таким предисловием:
Calvin Betton
Feb 9
Anyone in any doubt about who the coolest Beatle was, I heard this story about
George Harrison from Phil Collins years ago, and was reminded of it on a
podcast recently. It's brilliant. Enjoy.
Однако так и осталась непонятной причина отсутствия филовских конгов на той
песне.

И вообще, как шутили в Одессе^W Британии.
Eric Idle was getting divorced, so he planned a solo vacation to Australia just
to get away from it all. He tells George Harrison about it, and George asks,
"When you fly to Australia, will you be passed over India?" Eric says he
supposed so. George tells Eric that he is going to send him something, but that
he can only open it when his flight is directly above India.

So Eric gets this package right before hit trip, and he carries it on board
with him. and he knows that George has this deep, spiritual connection yo
India, so he's very curious about what sort of mystical object could be in the
package. And after a couple hours in the air, he asks the flight attendant if
they are over India and she confirms that they are.

Eric opens the package, and after pulling out all the material, he finds at the
bottom is just a slip of paper. And on the note, George has written, "Shag a
sheila for me."

С приветом, Ivan.

Michael Olshevski

Feb 14, 2021, 12:42:26 PM2/14/21
Пpивет, Michael!

Sunday 14 February 2021 11:04, Michael Baryshnikov wrote to Ivan Novikov:

IN>> Took a whole day out of his schedule and hired a band, specifically just
IN>> rinse Phil Collins!
MB> Вот что англичане называют practical joker :)
MB> Джорджу респект.

Hе люблю розыгрыши, но этот да, хорош.

Мои наилучшие пожелания,
Michael.