AF 5.13.4

Robin Iwamoto

May 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/29/99
Hello All,

I upgraded from AF Universal 5.12.7 to 5.13.4, and am having no major
difficulties. However, I did notice that now when AF sends a template file as
part of the file-attach netmail to a node, that sometimes (about half the time)
the template file shows "0 bytes in 0 files" for the total. The macro
"@just(@totalbytes,L,11) bytes in @just(@totalfiles,L,3) file(s)" seems to work
in other templates, and worked fine in 5.12.7.

Am I the only person who is experiencing this? It's no biggie, and I may just
take out the macro altogether; but it's odd that it only does it half the time
and not all the time. :-)

Regards,
Robin

Germ Tap

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99
Hallo Robin,

In a message from Robin Iwamoto to All:

RI> I upgraded from AF Universal 5.12.7 to 5.13.4, and am having no
RI> major difficulties. However, I did notice that now when AF sends a
RI> template file as part of the file-attach netmail to a node, that
RI> sometimes (about half the time) the template file shows "0 bytes in
RI> 0 files" for the total. The macro "@just(@totalbytes,L,11) bytes in
RI> @just(@totalfiles,L,3) file(s)" seems to work in other templates,
RI> and worked fine in 5.12.7.

I have the same problem here. When AllFix is sending a file to my downinks,
only the first downlink will get all the information. The other ones get 0
bytes in 0 files. I'm using the same macro.

Bye bye,

Germ.

Internet: ger...@gironet.nl

Mikael Karlsson

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99
Saturday May 29 1999 12:28, Robin Iwamoto wrote to All:

RI> Am I the only person who is experiencing this? It's no biggie, and I may

I have the same problem here! Do you use the FrontDoor STQ mode in AllFix?

/MiK

Robin Iwamoto

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99
Germ Tap said to Robin Iwamoto about AF 5.13.4:

RI> I upgraded from AF Universal 5.12.7 to 5.13.4, and am having no
RI> major difficulties. However, I did notice that now when AF sends a
RI> template file as part of the file-attach netmail to a node, that
RI> sometimes (about half the time) the template file shows "0 bytes in
RI> 0 files" for the total. The macro "@just(@totalbytes,L,11) bytes in
RI> @just(@totalfiles,L,3) file(s)" seems to work in other templates,
RI> and worked fine in 5.12.7.

GT> I have the same problem here. When AllFix is sending a file to my
GT> downinks, only the first downlink will get all the information. The
GT> other ones get 0 bytes in 0 files. I'm using the same macro.

Thanks Germ! I hadn't noticed the pattern (first okay, rest 0), but
it fits.

I've decided to remove the macroline altogether; since the netmails
are sent individually for each file, there is really (IMO) no need
for me to have the total files and total bytes shown for the file
since it is shown above anyways. :-) And fortunately, all the
other "total"-type macros seem to work fine in every other template,
so I consider it very minor.

Regards,
Robin

... Minds, like parachutes, work only when open...

Robin Iwamoto

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
Mikael Karlsson said to Robin Iwamoto about AF 5.13.4:

RI> Am I the only person who is experiencing this? It's no biggie, and I may

MK> I have the same problem here! Do you use the FrontDoor STQ mode in
MK> AllFix?

No, I'm not. I am using an STQ capable version of FD but am not
using the STQ mode.

I think that Germ Tap has nailed it though; it only happens after
the first file is sent.

Regards,
Robin

... Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?