Duluth Google Fiber and healthcare

1 view

jach...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2010, 11:56:41 PM11/12/10
to Fiber For Communities
Just curious to propose how this initiative could improve the lives of
the elderly who live in assisted living or nursing homes or even those
who attend adult day centers. I wonder how this technology could
assist in memory care for those with alzhiemers or dementia or what
applications could be developed to promote wellness for the elderly?
Any thoughts on this?

MasterFlagg

Dec 4, 2010, 7:59:11 PM12/4/10
to Fiber For Communities
I would think that with the introduction of Gigabit fiber in the
Duluth Community, residents and cargivers of all of these facilities
would gain quick and easy access to information, including but not
limited to Video for survellience, or just "checking in" with a loved
one. My grandmother passed away from Alzheimers about 10 years ago,
and the most difficult thing was moving her out of her home because no
one could dedicate the time to live with her.

With high speed internet, it would have been very simple and cheap to
install a survelliance system that would let family members know what
grandma was up to...

Just one thought!

Chad